First District Association of Baptists in Kentucky is a part of the General Association of Baptists in Kentucky. It is comprised of churches mainly within the Western part of the state. Our association seeks to evangelize and educate in order to contribute to the building up of the kingdom of God. The District’s main objective is the support of the Hopkinsville College of the Bible, along with other objectives deemed necessary in carrying out the vision and mission of the District as we work together.
We intend :
1) To unite and empower churches of the district for Kingdom growth through Christian evangelism so as to fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through preaching and teaching;
2) To encourage and support Christian education through the Hopkinsville College of the Bible and other Baptist schools as deemed wise by this Association; to foster missions as set forth in the Holy Bible;
3) To listen to the needs of churches and match the best resource or individual to meet diverse and changing needs;
4) To foster understanding, fellowship, and cooperation among the churches by encouraging the practice of the Christian faith;
5) To Promote home and foreign mission efforts.
The First District Association is also comprised of 4 different auxiliaries:
- Women's Missionary and Educational Convention
- Congress of Christian Education
- Ministers, Deacons and Laymen's League